KIDS FROM BIRTH-6TH GRADE
Jesus is THE MAIN STORY OF EVERY AREA OF OUR CHURCH- even in JOURNEYKids. We want to PARTNER with the families of our CHURCH TO FUEL THEIR FAITH IN THE NEXT GENERATION.
We are more than babysitters. We’ve designed our JOURNEYKids environmentS very intentionally to allow worship and teaching to come alive for the KIDS HERE AT JOURNEY. Each child is IN AN AGE BASED CLASS led by our amazing team of VOLUNTEERs. Each gathering is different but includes a mixture of JOURNEY GROUPS, exciting worship, an age-appropriate Bible story with a “Big Idea,” a “Remember Verse,” and fun activities.
We have the best VOLUNTEERs around who are passionate about helping every child who walks through the doors of JOURNEY feel seen, accepted, and more importantly are seen, loved and accepted by Jesus. All of our VOLUNTEERs have undergone a thorough screening process of interviews, background checks and training.
WHEN IS JOURNEYKIDS AVAILABLE?
JOURNEYKIDS IS OFFERED SUNDAYS during the 9A and 11A Worship GATHERINGS and on WEDNESDAYS AT 6:15 When SChool iS IN SESSION.
WHAT TIME DOES JOURNEYKIDS REGISTRATION OPEN?
REGISTRATION OPENS AN HOUR PRIOR TO EACH GATHERING> HOWEVER THE DOORS TO EACH KID ENVIRONMENT OPEN 15 min PRIOR TO EACH GATHERING.
WHAT IS JOURNEYKIDS WELL CHILD POLICY?
To minimize the chance of spreading illness, children who show signs of sickness will not be accepted into the Passion Kids environment. We require that children be fever-free for 24 hours before entering Passion Kids. This is for the health and protection of all children and Door Holders. You are encouraged to bring your child back to us as soon as he or she is well. If an illness is discovered after a child is in the classroom, your child will be separated from the other children and a member of our Staff Team will contact you.
Upon recommendation of the American Academy of Pediatrics, a child should not be taken from the home with any of the following conditions:
- Diarrhea (even if associated with teething or medication)
- Any symptoms of childhood diseases such as scarlet fever, German measles, mumps, chicken pox, strep throat, flu, or any other contagious or infectious disease
- Common cold from onset through one week
- Sore throat
- Junky or barky cough, phlegm-filled or productive cough
- Any contagious or unexplained rash
- Pink eye or other eye infections
- Cloudy or green runny noses or persistent cough
- Any communicable disease
WHAT OUR JOURNEYKIDS SECURITY POLICIES?
- BACKGROUND CHECKS- ALL OUR LEADERS HAVE RECeiVED BACKGROUND CHECKS AND HAVE BEEN TRAINED IN WORKING WITH KIDS JUST LIKE YOURS.
- VISITING A CLASSROOM- WE DO OUR VERY BEST TO PROVIDE A CONSISTENT, SAFE LEARNING ENVIORNMENT FOR OUR CHILDREN. FOR THAT REASON WE RESTRICT ACCESS TO CHILDREN’S HALLWAYS AND ROOMS WHILE CHILDREN ARE IN OUR CARE. THEREFORE, WE ASK THAT PARENTS AND FAMILY MEMBERS NOT ENTER THE CLASSROOMS OR HALLWAYS WHILE CLASSES ARE IN SESSION. IF YOU NEED YOUR CHILD FOR ANY REASON, WE WANT TO ASSIST YOU BY MAKING THE TEACHERS AWARE AND BRINGING YOUR CHILD TO THE DOOR. OUR TEAM WILL BE ON DUTY AND READY TO HELP! SIMPLY NOTIFY A TEAM MEMBER AT THE CHECK-IN AREA.
- EMERGENCY SITUATIONS- IN THE EVENT OF AN EMERGENCY SITUATION, WE HAVE A PLAN TO LOCK DOWN OUR CHILDREN’S AREAS IN ORDER TO LIMIT ACCESS FROM DANGER.
- CHECKING IN & OUT- TO ENSURE YOUR child's safety all kids are checked in and out using our system. Every child and parent will recEIve matching stickers that must be used when picking your child up.
- SECURITY TEAM- EACH SUNDAY, WE HAVE A SECURITY TEAM THAT IS MONITORING THE FACILITY ALONG WITH SECURITY CAMERAS AND A PAID POLICE OFFICER.
- MEDICAL RESPONSE- EACH WEEK WE HAVE MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS THAT SERVE ON OUR MEDICAL RESPONSE TEAM. IF MEDICAL HELP IS NEEDED, WE ALERT THE TEAM TO ASSIST IN ADDRESSING THE ISSUE.